Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 48 mal aufgerufen
 Diskussionen
jokergreen0220 Offline

Ultrine

14.02.2019 07:55
im," DeRozan said of Ross, sounding like a grizzled veteran. "I try to go at him as much as I can so he can take on the challeng Antworten

PHILADELPHIA -- Brett Browns thick, New England accent wouldnt have fit well in Philadelphia when the 76ers and Dr. Markelle Fultz Jersey . J were one of the NBAs elite teams, consistently battling Larry Birds Boston Celtics for Eastern Conference titles in the early 1980s. Those days are long over. The Sixers havent won it all since Julius Erving and Moses Malone led them to a championship 30 years. So, theyre turning to Brown to build them into a contender again. "To be here is surreal. I can still see Doc and George McGinnis and trying to take their photos (as a kid)," Brown said after he was hired to replace Doug Collins. The deal was completed earlier in the week, and Brown was officially introduced as the 24th head coach in franchise history on Wednesday. Brown is the eighth coach to lead the Sixers since Larry Brown left in 2003. Collins resigned in April after the Sixers went 34-48, a year after advancing to the Eastern Conference semifinals. He led the Sixers to the playoffs his first two seasons and left with one year remaining on his original four-year deal. "We went through an exhaustive search to find the right head coach for our organization, one who had a passion for developing talent, a strong work ethic to help create the kind of culture we hope for, and a desire to continually improve," general manager Sam Hinkie said. "Brett has all of that. He also has a wealth of experience as a head coach and a championship pedigree, to boot. We are delighted to welcome him as our coach, and I am invigorated for the two of us to roll up our sleeves and get to work." The 52-year-old Brown was part of three NBA title teams with San Antonio as an assistant and won another with the Spurs when he served in the basketball operations department in 1998-99. He left after that season to become the head coach of the Sydney Kings of the Australian National Basketball League, but rejoined the Spurs in 2002 as the teams assistant coach/director of player development and was moved to the bench as an assistant under Gregg Popovich in 2006. Brown also coached the Australian mens national team from 2009-12, and played a key role in helping Manu Ginobili and Tony Parker develop into All-Stars with the Spurs. "If I was going to leave a situation like San Antonio, it better be for the right one," Brown said. "Its a privilege to be here." Brown inherits a team in total rebuilding mode. Hinkie, who was hired away from Houston, traded All-Star guard Jrue Holiday to New Orleans on draft night for the rights to Kentucky centre Nerlens Noel. Hinkie also drafted Syracuse point guard Michael Carter-Williams with the 11th overall pick in the first round. Evan Turner, Thaddeus Young and Spencer Hawes are Philadelphias main holdovers, giving Brown some talent to develop. "Ive always been a fan of Thaddeus. I see that potential in Evan. You pay attention to Spencer," Brown said. "The pieces that are in place are workable pieces. I look forward to working with them." Asked if he sees any star players on the roster, Brown said: "I dont know enough about the players to give an accurate answer." A year ago, the Sixers were coming off a first-round upset of top-seeded Chicago and were counting on going further in the playoffs after the acquisition of former All-Star centre Andrew Bynum. But things unraveled quickly, and Bynum never played a game in a Sixers uniform because of knee problems. Brown is used to a winning program at San Antonio, so hes not familiar with starting from the bottom. But the Sixers realize its not an overnight process and gave him a four-year contract to turn things around. "You get excited to be a part of the rebuild," Brown said. "We all know the pain of the rebuild is real. There needs to be patience. I have not been a part of a rebuild since I was in the NBA. The rebuild has to be keeping the locker room together." What type of offence will the Sixers have under Brown? That depends on the players and their ability, though Brown has his preference. "We want to go. We want to get out in the open court, and we want to run," he said. "Its easy to say, but its hard to run for 82 games. You have to have a tremendous fitness base." Brown expects his coaching staff in place by Sept. 1. It doesnt appear he has to be concerned with owner Josh Harris moving the team. There had been speculation that Harris may consider taking the team out of Philadelphia after his purchase of the NHLs New Jersey Devils is complete. But Hinkie dismissed that idea. "Josh Harris is more committed than ever to owning the Sixers, the fans of Philadelphia and to keeping the Sixers here forever," Hinkie said. Jerryd Bayless Jersey . Now Arizonas new manager is hoping Yasmany Tomas can have the same effect on the Diamondbacks. Julius Erving Jersey . Braden Calverts Winnipeg rink rallied to defeat Italy 8-7. After giving up three points in the second end, Calvert came back with a single, then stole two more points in the next two ends to tie it up at the fifth-end break. http://www.official76ersproshop.com/kids-amir-johnson-76ers-jersey/ .com) - Stanley Johnson had 18 points and No.TORONTO - When Rudy Gay was traded just over a week ago, he left the Raptors with 18.6 shots and 35 minutes to be redistributed nightly. He also left them with a vacancy in their starting lineup. So far, sophomore Terrence Ross has been the primary beneficiary. "It [is] probably the biggest opportunity of my career," the Raptors second-year guard said of his new role in the teams starting five. "Just taking advantage of it [and] making sure I capitalize on things is big for me." Ross promotion is one that came together organically in the aftermath of the Gay trade. He had been clamouring for more playing time, according to Casey, but Ross insists he never formally asked the coach to start. "I kind of just knew when Rudy left it was kind of like, okay we only have me and Landry [Fields] so one of us is going to start," he recounted after Monday mornings practice. "So either way, [I was] going to get big minutes. I just knew it was an opportunity for me to go out there and show what I can do." On the eve of the trade, Casey opted to start the more experienced Fields at the three-spot. Fields played 31 scoreless minutes in Los Angeles that night and has logged less than 20 minutes in three games since. Ross, the next man on the Raptors depth chart, got the call after that. Playing 38 minutes - the most of his career - in his first start of the season Tuesday, Ross earned mixed reviews. He was inconsistent, the ongoing theme of his 95-game NBA career, and as a result, Casey was hesitant to commit to him as the teams starter going forward. "Well see," the Raptors coach replied, asked about Ross future with the first unit at that time. Three days later, Ross earned a second start despite a pre-game slip up in which Casey suggested he might be a better long-term fit playing with Greivis Vasquez in the second unit. Whatever the message was, it was received. Ross responded with 24 points - two off his career high - on 10-of-16 shooting on Friday. His promotion was not intended to be permanent, it still may not be, but Ross doesnt plan on giving it up without a fight. "I know Id do anything and everything to keep my position I have right now," the 22-year-old promised. "Its not all about scoring, its about just really doing whatever [Casey] asks and playing hard on defence, making the right passes and not having any mental lapses." "Hes got to keep it going," Casey emphasized after Ross breakout performance against the 76ers. "Hes got to continue it, thats his biggest challenge as a young player in this league, is to stay hungry, stay driven, stay consistent. Consistency is what hes fighting for, hes a talented young man but hes fighting consistency." Saturdays surprising win in Chicago, his third straight start, was another step in the right direction. Struggling with his shot, Ross went 4-for-12 from the field including 1-of-9 in the first half but found other ways to make positive contributions while on the floor. He grabbed six rebounds, recorded a career-best four asssists and earned praise from his coach for his work on the defensive end. Moses Malone Jersey. The hope for Casey and the Raptors is that Ross is beginning to develop into a more consistent and versatile player. Too often in the past, he has been rendered unusable, a liability on the court when his jump-shot wasnt falling or opposing defences would take him out of his comfort zone as a slasher. He has the tools required to be more than a one-dimensional player, now its about putting them all together. "Ive always been well aware of his athletic ability but I wasnt aware of his shooting ability," said new teammate Patrick Patterson. "Im definitely glad hes taking this starting role to the next level. Hes not satisfied with just starting, he wants to be a great basketball player and Im definitely happy for him." In DeMar DeRozan, Ross has a willing mentor, a player who has successfully overcome similar limitations. DeRozan - not unlike Ross, who is only a couple years younger - was once, in the not-so-distant past, considered to be one-dimensional. In his fifth season, DeRozan is blossoming into a complete player, averaging career highs in points, assists and three-point shooting, also growing on the defensive end. "Both of them are similar," Casey said of his two young wing players. "Similar body types, similar games, fighting to find consistency. DeMar went through the same things his first couple of years in the league. Two guys in similar positions, same skill set being around each other can only benefit." The similarities go beyond the court. Overwhelmed as a rookie, Ross, quiet and reserved by nature, is starting to open up and get more comfortable in his NBA skin. DeRozan went through the exact same evolution as a young man. Now, the 24-year-old has grown into a leader and has taken Ross under his wing. "Through training camp, every time we practice, he guards me, he goes against me and I dont let up on him," DeRozan said of Ross, sounding like a grizzled veteran. "I try to go at him as much as I can so he can take on the challenge every night when he goes out and plays against another player, it wont be as hard." "I love to see his growth and Im happy for him. One thing I try to do is keep his confidence high." "DeMar [has been] going hard at me ever since I got here so I dont even notice it anymore," said the student of his mentor. "But it helps because hes one of the top wings in the league now." Whether he remains a starter or ends up returning to the bench, Ross has been set free. Regardless of which path the bewildered Raptors take and how they choose to get there, their former eighth overall pick figures to be a vital part of the ride. This opportunity and what he is able to do with it will be his most telling challenge to date. "You just have to be more focused, you just have to be dialled in," said the Raptors newest starter. "Its tough but its fun at the same time and as long as youre having fun with it, it comes easier." Wholesale Hoodies NFL Shirts Outlet Jerseys NFL Wholesale Cheap NFL Jerseys Free Shipping Wholesale Jerseys Cheap Cheap NFL Jerseys China Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China Cheap NFL Jerseys ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz